This post is short and sweet.
For anyone looking for finger snaps in Logic Pro X, they can be found in the library under Percussion > Performance Patches > Claps and Snaps Performance.
Claps run C2 through A2 by half-step.
Snaps run C3 through D3 by half-step.
There is also a stomp at F3.
To notate as a single line:
- Select your snap track.
- In the score, choose Layout > Show Staff Styles
- In the dialog, choose New > Mapped Style
- Click the name
- Name it something useful like Finger Snaps
- Change high and low to C3 or C#3 orD3, whichever snap works for your piece.
- In the bottom row, enter 2 for position. Logic Pro will change it to +1, but that’s okay.
- In the bottom row, change Drum Group to Bongos.
- Close the dialog.
- In the Region inspector, set the staff style to #Finger Snap.
After you add a note, you may wish to replace the note head with an X. You can do this as follows:
- In the part box, choose the section with the X, O, filled triangle, and filled oval.
- Click the X
- Pencil-click the note
Hope this helps.