Made this on the fly this morning from some farmers’ market items and stuff I had around, and it worked! Micromanaged instructions are aimed at me; please don’t be insulted and feel free to adjust to your needs.
- 1 smallish yam (I suspect it’s actually a sweet potato but the farmer calls it a yam)
- 2 small apples (could use one large one)
- 1/8 cup unsalted roasted mixed nuts
- 1/8 cap unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Wash the yam and apples.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the yam (no I don’t peel it, because fiber).
- Nuke the yam at 50% for 5 min for one serving (your microwave may vary). For multiple servings, increase the cooking time slightly.
- While it’s nuking, dice the apples.
- Then nuke the apple(s) at 50% for 2 min for one serving. Again, for multiple servings, increase the cooking time slightly.
- While the apples are nuking, slice the yam into biteable pieces. Watch out, it’s hot!
- Sprinkle the nuts and seeds over the apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over it all.
- Drizzle the EVOO over it all.
- Dig in!
Oh, and about the name. It just sounded better than Microwaved Yam and Apples with Nuts and Seeds.
One thought on “Recipe: Chas’s Microwaved Yam Surprise”